Question PSU limiting my GPU RTX2080ti?

Apr 13, 2020
Greetings,

Grateful for some help from the Community to confirm that I have problems with my PSU or GPU.

I have FPS drops/stuttering in game (Paladins and sekiro) which I didn't have a week ago.

So to keep it short I tried many things : reset BIOS, clean computer, unplug GPU, change resolution, anti-virus with ccleaner malwarebytes..., Nvidia panel, settings to low, enable/disable g-sync, v-sync, various updates -> nothing changed.

Temps are fine (no more than 75°C with GPU/CPU - usually 63°C GPU and 66°C CPU when playing for a while to ACOdyssey in ultra 2160p).

Now, after some reading and asking around I'm wondering if it is because my PSU 650W is not enough and I should buy 850W? Or just because of my GPU voltage limit?

Thanks for any help!

My rig:

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF
- COOLER: Noctua NH-D15
- GPU: RTX 2080ti MSI gaming X trio
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8) - DDR4 3600 MHz CL14
- SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2 To
- HDD: Toshiba N300 4 TB SATA3
- MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H
- CASE: Be quiet! Silent Base 801
- PSU: LDLC 650W Quality Select 80PLUS Platinum (Developped by Seasonic)

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I guess this psu?
LDLC GT-650P Quality Select 80PLUS Platinum - Alimentation PC LDLC sur LDLC.com

Hard to say. The 650watts should be enough, but looked and the psu has only 3 years warranty? which seems low.

You haven't overclocked gpu or cpu?

The pcie power goes like one cable powers one 8 pin on the gpu, the other takes care of the other 8pin+6pin?

You have the latest bios?
Have XMP enabled? If the ram has a second XMP profile try that too.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020
Hello,

Just downclock cpu from stock because temps were too high, before was x50 1.31v and i got it stable at x48 1.21v and won 10°C (but anyway I ve tried reset BIOS to factory settings and I get same stuttering problems).

No GPU OC (I tried with MSI afterburner to increase/decrease voltage + pwr limit, same result).

Yes cables are plugged properly.

Latest bios, already tried with xmp enabled/disabled, tried with only 1 RAM (each) -> same problem.

Last edited: