PSU loudest part of my new build?

Sep 9, 2018
Hi guys,

i just built a new PC this weekend and it runs great. Everything is very quiet as well, even under load, but there is one humming sound, which I could locate to the PSU.
It also has a built in feature that the fan will continue to run for 3 minutes after you shut down, and then I can clearly hear that it's the PSU's fan. The humming is the same in idle and under load.

Here's a video for better explanation (turn up the volume): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZAybAmVNrs&feature=youtu.be

My system:
Fractal Design R6
650 Watt be quiet! Power Zone CM Modular 80+ Bronze
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
i7-8700k + Noctua NH-D15S
GeForce 1080TI
32 GB RAM
2x SSD + 1x HDD

Should I contact be quiet to change the PSU? Normally I've had good experiences with their PSU's but this one isn't really living up the name "be quiet"...^^ Or am I just being picky here because all my other system is so quiet?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
In all honesty I couldn't hear anything. If the sound is a whine(per se) then it's coil whine. Can you see if the noise is there when the system is receiving power from the wall but not powered up? Might I ask how old the PSU is, if it was recycled from an older system...?

Sep 9, 2018

It's not a whine, I found some videos about this coil whine, so this is not it. It's rather a humming sound, kinda like a lawn mower, but not THAT loud. Still it is audible when the environment is very quiet.

The noise is only there when the system is powered up or as I explained 3 minutes after shutdown (as this is a feature of the PSU).
The PSU came completely new.

Sep 9, 2018
Okay so I got the replacement from be quiet! but it still makes the same noise. Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive on the noise but I thought my PC would be nearly silent (during idle of course). And fair enough I can't even really hear any of the other fans.

Is it normal that the PSU is the loudest part?! I can't understand all the good reviews in the German stores about this PSU, only very few people complained about the noise level, but most found it pretty silent. Is there any way I could have installed it wrong so it would be louder than usual?!