[SOLVED] PSU made short-circuit noise then shut down ?

cool verma

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
my rig includes
Intel I5 9400F processor
GTX 1650 super graphics card
16 gb ram
PSU: Corsair cv450

soooo yesterday, while playing cyberpunk 2077 on medium-high settings, the psu made a kind of a short circuit noise and restarted. I tried to run it again, and the intensity increased only. Today morning, the pc is working and I haven't tried turning on cyberpunk yet cuz i am not sure if i should. Any ideas what is happening and what should I do?

Solution
Sure that is the reason? The pc is working fine now, not trying the game until it's checked.
It might seem all right externally, but you don't know what kind of damage was done internally due to the short circuit. That is a budget line PSU from Corsair and do not have very high quality internals. The lower the quality of the unit, the higher its probability for failure. As mentioned before, that PSU is not meant for intense gaming loads.
That is not a very good PSU for gaming loads. Get a better quality PSU...

cool verma

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
That is not a very good PSU for gaming loads. Get a better quality PSU...
Sure that is the reason? The pc is working fine now, not trying the game until it's checked.

It might seem all right externally, but you don't know what kind of damage was done internally due to the short circuit. That is a budget line PSU from Corsair and do not have very high quality internals. The lower the quality of the unit, the higher its probability for failure. As mentioned before, that PSU is not meant for intense gaming loads.

Solution

cool verma

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
Welp, trusted your word and got it replaced
Thanks

Reactions: Hellfire13