[SOLVED] PSU Magnets? Safe or nah

Jun 19, 2018
hi my mans,

my new psu (850W strix) came with a collection of a e s t h e t i c magnets
and im just a little confused as I always thought magnets could ruin PCs?

has something changed where its all ok to just have magnets all around the PSU and like 3 inches from all the parts in your case?
maybe its the strength, they are like those black sticky sorta magnets you'd find on really cheap tourism fridge-magnets sold in those tiny gift shops and it slides off a fork like the magnet never existed its quite weak.

whats your guys opinion on this? safe/unsafe? neat/un-neat?

either way, wack.

Solution
hi my mans,

has something changed where its all ok to just have magnets all around the PSU and like 3 inches from all the parts in your case?
maybe its the strength, they are like those black sticky sorta magnets you'd find on really cheap tourism fridge-magnets sold in those tiny gift shops and it slides off a fork like the magnet never existed its quite weak.

either way, wack.

Those PSU magnet labels are so weak, they barely stick to the PSU. Wouldn't even cause damage to a cassette tape or floppy disc...
Well obviously you don't want it inside your case, if it unsticks and falls onto components it could create a short, if it's a conductive material.
Strong magnets can create a magnetic field that would mess up data but that would need a really strong magnet.

Jun 19, 2018
Well obviously you don't want it inside your case, if it unsticks and falls onto components it could create a short, if it's a conductive material.
Strong magnets can create a magnetic field that would mess up data but that would need a really strong magnet.

the magnets are rubber based and are attached to the psu below a psu shroud at the very bottom of the case - if they fall off the only thing they'll hit is magnetic dust filters : p
and these are defo the weakest magnets you could possibly buy

Jun 19, 2018
hardrives doesnt like magnets, and old crt monitors, tape media (including floppy drive), not shielded cables can loose quality... never heard of magnet causing other issues
yea fairs, i dont have any of those hardware listed, 99% sure my cables are shielded and even if they werent the magnets are a good 1-2 inches away and barely stick or have any pull even if your 0.5 inches from metal

hi my mans,

either way, wack.

Those PSU magnet labels are so weak, they barely stick to the PSU. Wouldn't even cause damage to a cassette tape or floppy disc, never mind an HDD.

Solution
Jun 19, 2018
Those PSU magnet labels are so weak, they barely stick to the PSU. Wouldn't even cause damage to a cassette tape or floppy disc, never mind an HDD.

thanks my mans, yea I assumed that too, its just weird to me personally to have magnets come with a PSU; like how apparently some people still use soundcards. oh well gotta have that ASUS branding price tag I suppose.