Question PSU makes a buzzing sound during gameplay, what can make it ?

May 28, 2023
Under load, the following sounds are produced by the power supply:

Youtube video
MY PSU Buzzing
Youtube video

My PC
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
AMD 6800 XT
EVGA GOLD 850 W
8 piece Fan 120-140 mm

Under load, you can hear it so loudly. But if I put my ear there, the power supply, you can hear a buzz very very quietly. You can barely hear it, but you can hear it.​

Can this buzz be dangerous ? What can cause ?

Last edited:
Under load, the following sounds are produced by the power supply:

Youtube video
MY PSU Buzzing
Youtube video

My PC
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
AMD 6800 XT
EVGA GOLD 850 W
8 piece Fan 120-140 mm

Under load, you can hear it so loudly. But if I put my ear there, the power supply, you can hear a buzz very very quietly. You can barely hear it, but you can hear it.​

Can this buzz be dangerous ? What can cause ?
It sounds like you are experiencing coil whine. Coil whine is an annoying high pitched sound that can be heard coming from your computer. It's caused by inductor coils on graphics cards, power supplies and motherboards. Any computer enthusiast is likely to deal with it at some point

Reactions: Huvi
May 28, 2023
Úgy hangzik, mintha tekercs nyafogást tapasztalna. A tekercs nyafogása egy bosszantó, magas hangú hang, amely hallható a számítógépről. Ezt a grafikus kártyák, tápegységek és alaplapok induktor tekercsei okozzák. Bármely Does this sound mean bad now? Should I be worried ? Could it be a power supply error ?
Does this sound mean bad now? Should I be worried ? Could it be a power supply error ?

May 28, 2023
Mindaddig, amíg nem érez füstszagot, vagy nem hall ropogó hangot, rendben kell lennie.
Thank you for your reply!

Is that ok ? That it makes that sound ? Is it not worth sending it back for warranty service ? I guess it shouldn't buzz like that. Specifically is it a time bomb ? EVGA 850 GQ Gold PSU can deliver enough power ?

Thank you for your reply!

Is that ok ? That it makes that sound ? Is it not worth sending it back for warranty service ? I guess it shouldn't buzz like that. Specifically is it a time bomb ? EVGA 850 GQ Gold PSU can deliver enough power ?
Although it is annoying it doesn't mean it is about to go bad. You could submit it for replacement if you want to go through all that. If it was silent for a long period of time and is now noisy you do have an argument for replacement. Before you send it in I would contact their customer service to see if they honor warranty for coil whine.