PSU makes buzzing sound after upgrading my PC

Apr 16, 2018
I just upgraded to a z370 aorus gaming 7, 16gb trident z rgb and an i7 8700. I have connected my system and case fans to the motherboard and it runs perfectly, good temps and everything except my psu (7 year old vx550w) makes a slight buzzing sound which randomly goes up in volume, and simultaneously my case fans start spinning at their full capacity as the tinnying sound grows. I have a 1060 3gb and according to the cooler master psu calculator I should be good to go with a 550w psu, could I have dislodged something in the psu while handling it? Unlikely because I've cleaned my pc tens of dozens of times and only after today's upgrade has it started to make that noise.

Solution
Maybe you mishandled it while installing new parts. Or maybe it's just too old and it has made its dues and wants to retire. Pretty major component change, if it was me, I'd have gotten a new PSU.

ritvarsdavis

Notable
Sep 11, 2017
Maybe you mishandled it while installing new parts. Or maybe it's just too old and it has made its dues and wants to retire. Pretty major component change, if it was me, I'd have gotten a new PSU.

Solution