Question psu makes ringing high pitched sound conneted to power plug?

Aug 29, 2024
When the PC is off (but conneted to AC power), the PSU produces high pitched noise I can hear it when im close to PC just like (tinnitus sound).
I took the pc to a technician who said he couldn't hear anything and everything was normal, is it coil whine? is it a real problem or should I ignore it?

i recorded the pitch noise i think is from psu: click here

Connect the power cord to the computer even without turning it on and it remains continuous. Once the computer is turned off, the sound remains until I remove the power cord or cut off the power. I have attached a link to the sound. Is it normal or dangerous?

Pc model: hp prodesk g2 600 sff
Cpu: i5 6generation
Gpu: intel hd
Psu: 200w(the original one i guess)
The pitched noise start once the power supply plugged into wall and stay, even the pc is off the only think to stop this pitched noise it to unplug power cable from the wall, the technicien said theres no noise, but i did record the video (you can see it and heard the pitched noise)

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2024
Try and relocate to another wall outlet and see if that changes your experience. You need to understand that the only thing that did change from your home to the technician, is the source of power, essentially your wall outlet.
i hear it even with the technicien mybee a little bit quiter, did you hear it in the youtube video link attached? he said nothing wrong