Question PSU making noise

Feb 8, 2020
When i load into rainbow six siege, everytime there is a idle screen my psu make a load noise. I have changed the psu 2 times and each one make the exact same noise.
Also, when i put my ear up to it, it makes the noise the loudest there so i know that it is the psu that is making the noise. Could something be causing it to make a noise? Maybe RAM?

Last edited:
When i load into rainbow six siege, everytime there is a idle screen my psu make a load noise. I have changed the psu 3 times and each one make the exact same noise.
Also, when i put my ear up to it, it makes the noise the loudest there so i know that it is the psu that is making the noise. Could something be causing it to make a noise? Maybe RAM?
Are you sure its not your GPU making coil whine noise? Its normal for a lot of GPUs to make this noise during games.

Feb 8, 2020
Are you sure its not your GPU making coil whine noise? Its normal for a lot of GPUs to make this noise during games.
Yes because i recently got a radeon rx 5700 xt and i thought that was it but i switched the card out for my old gtx 1060 ssc and it did the same thing. Also, i hear the noise best when i put my ear on the psu.

Feb 8, 2020
PSUs can also sometimes make coil whine noise under load. Its safe and try another PSU if the noise is bothering you.
i did. I switched the psu 2 times and it was making the exact same noise that the other psu's made. i changed my motherboard, gpu and psu and still the same noise.