[SOLVED] PSU not showing any lights After installing a New gpu

May 8, 2021
So today i tried installing a gtx 960 that i bought from Aliexpress, but After installation no lights were shown and my pc didn't want to power on. I tried changing the GPU and it didn't fix anything. Please help.

Solution
Well i was using this same gpu to run my gtx 650, Are you sure it might not have 500W? Also could my New GPU be damaged from this PSU?

The GTX 650 was a 65W card and even that should not have been running on this PSU. This is absolutely not a 500W PSU, there's zero question about it from the label. It's not just a question about the GPU, it's a question of everything. Garbage PSUs can fry anything you connect to them when they die. At this point, the only thing you can do is test parts after a new, hopefully much higher quality PSU. There's not much in PCs that's more expensive than a dirt-cheap PSU.

DSzymborski

Titan

Ouch, a horrifyingly fake 500W PSU. That was only a 220W at best, when it was new. That thing looks like it's been around for a decade and considering how dirty it is, it hasn't even been taken care of very well.

This PSU should never be turned on with a GPU attached to it, or really, anything, ever. Replace it with a proper PSU and cross your fingers that the junk PSU didn't take any of your components to the grave with it.

May 8, 2021
Ouch, a horrifyingly fake 500W PSU. That was only a 220W at best, when it was new. That thing looks like it's been around for a decade and considering how dirty it is, it hasn't even been taken care of very well.

This PSU should never be turned on with a GPU attached to it, or really, anything, ever. Replace it with a proper PSU and cross your fingers that the junk PSU didn't take any of your components to the grave with it.
Well i was using this same gpu to run my gtx 650, Are you sure it might not have 500W? Also could my New GPU be damaged from this PSU?

DSzymborski

Titan

The GTX 650 was a 65W card and even that should not have been running on this PSU. This is absolutely not a 500W PSU, there's zero question about it from the label. It's not just a question about the GPU, it's a question of everything. Garbage PSUs can fry anything you connect to them when they die. At this point, the only thing you can do is test parts after a new, hopefully much higher quality PSU. There's not much in PCs that's more expensive than a dirt-cheap PSU.

Solution
May 8, 2021
I've solved the issue, It was my power button not working for some reason. now im using a screw driver to turn on the pc lel.
but i got another issue here if u can help :(

DSzymborski

Titan
I've solved the issue, It was my power button not working for some reason. now im using a screw driver to turn on the pc lel.
but i got another issue here if u can help :(

Actually, if you're still using this PSU, you haven't solved any issue. Why is this GPU even being turned on connected to literal garbage?

Another thing is if what you paid for as a 960 is actually a 960, or even working. Aliexpress has some pretty dodgy people selling on it and with the GPU market the way as it is at the moment if you think you got a really good deal....well there is a good chance you got taken for a ride there too.