[SOLVED] PSU OR B550MB problem?

KaomHeart254

Prominent
May 14, 2020
Hello! Today i assembled my pc. I get a continously whizzing sound when i start my computer,right when the power is on, it sound like a tv channel stop their transmision or when they cut transmision.Tried to record with my phone but only the case coolers sound is hearing. I took out the gpu but the sound don't stop,stop the case coolers but nothing changed. I saw when i power on the psu from buton, a white flash apear on my motherboard near the Aorus sign, upper left side. Pc run fine,ram have been recognized with xmp, also the ssd, hdd, i installed windows 10 but without drivers and updates.

My pc :

mb-b550 aorus elite
cpu_cooler-ryzen 360 + hyper 212 rgb be
ram-2x8 hyperx predator 3200 cl 16
gpu-saphire pulse 580 8gb
ssd_hdd-samsung 860 evo 250g/seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm
Psu - Antec Earthwatts Gold PRO, 80+ Gold, 650W

Solution
No, I don't think so but that flash is difficult to see where it came from. It didn't look like an electric arc to me although I realize that is not your machine in the video. Did you get the sound issue solved?

RealBeast

Titan
The easiest way to find out is to pull everything out of the case and assemble it on your desktop on a sheet of non-conductive material like cardboard. I pretty much always do that now -- makes troubleshooting much easier. Then when everything is working well I put it into the case. When your PSU is a foot or two from your motherboard it will be very easy to tell where the sound is coming from.

KaomHeart254

Prominent
May 14, 2020
The easiest way to find out is to pull everything out of the case and assemble it on your desktop on a sheet of non-conductive material like cardboard. I pretty much always do that now -- makes troubleshooting much easier. Then when everything is working well I put it into the case. When your PSU is a foot or two from your motherboard it will be very easy to tell where the sound is coming from.
Hello! I was at a service today with my pc, i tried with another psu and it was ok, that sound was gone. When he turn on the button from psu with the new psu it still go was the white flash like in the video.

View: https://youtu.be/N70oPMvZTW4

The guy from service told me that it's ok. Do you think the motherboard it's damaged?