PSU or MOBO? Help please!

branbran93

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
So i just built my first gaming pc with parts ordered off of newegg. Initially everything ran fine for the first 2 hours while I installed windows 7 and various drivers. I then proceed to install the software for my keyboard and mouse so i can finally get to gaming. After everything is installed, it tells me that it needs to restart for the recent updates and installs to take effect so i figured id do it before i get into any games. Well turns out when i clicked restart, the computer turned off and now refuses to turn back on. I'm positive everything was connected right, i just need to figure out whats wrong here and i've exhausted practically everything i can find googling. I've completely disassembled the whole thing and pieced it back together one plug at a time testing to see if it would turn on with each new addition and no luck. Tried it with no RAM, no luck. Tried it with just the power, still no luck. Ive tested the power supply on its own by jumping the 2 pins and the fan spins up and it turns on but when plugged into everything my pc wont boot up. There are no lights or sounds at all and yes i have the mobo speaker installed as well.

MattXWay

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
First of all, PC is not able to start without RAM, as it is one of crucial components for PC. Second of all, try to plug every piece to another system and see which one is damaged, proly will be by Motherboard. Please submit here your setup so we can help you further on.