Question Psu pins do not match my socket

Jan 25, 2019
Best answers
Hello,
after I did extensive homework (or so i ve naively thought) i decided to build an egpu for my nuc pc. After i got the beast 9.0b enclosure (60 days later) from China i ve decided to build it.
Everything was coming together smoothly (all i needed to do was to connect beast and dell da-2, d220p-01 power supply ) but the pins do NOT match!

Prior to buying (and now seeing this problem) i have checked all sources and every single one said that i can use the dell psu... furthermore it is written in the manual and there are even some builds on the egpu website that uses it.
For instance this one https://egpu.io/forums/builds/clevo-n150rd-gdc-beast-v9-0b-palit-1060-GTX-6gb/ .

I will post some pictures. The white cable is the atx adapter to use the atx psu and the black one is my psu-s 8pin. (the white one fits, the black one doesnt).

What can i do? Can i make my own cable? if so which cable goes where? Do i try to bruce force it? ...

Please reply as soon as possible.

Have a nice day,
Rok.

Jan 25, 2019
Best answers
Rolli first of all thank you for responding, when i research i essentially come back to my own posts.

I ve looked at other beast/enclosure and saw that it is a little bit different design whilst the same model. So i decided to brute force it, but not yet plugged in because i am afraid the negative current will fly my pcb.

Are you sure thats cpu 12 volt pin tho? Because one on your link is not the same. I have also checked my cpus power supply at it is different.

rolli59

Titan
Oct 27, 2007
Best answers
Rolli first of all thank you for responding, when i research i essentially come back to my own posts.

I ve looked at other beast/enclosure and saw that it is a little bit different design whilst the same model. So i decided to brute force it, but not yet plugged in because i am afraid the negative current will fly my pcb.

Are you sure thats cpu 12 volt pin tho? Because one on your link is not the same. I have also checked my cpus power supply at it is different.
what I see is latch side 2 inner ones are square other row 2 outer are square. I only see 5 pins in your picture latch side 3 which should have +12 volt (yellow wire) and 2 other row ground or negative (black wire)
actually I am wrong on the black one which is not PCIe but a Dell special!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS