[SOLVED] PSU Recomendation

Jun 23, 2020
So, ive had a RM750x psu which was really good to me, but it found its end when i had a problem with my system and went to check it out and after a full week of the service trying to fix it came to the conclusion that it had a factory defect that wasnt fixable, so im here to ask the comunity for a recomendation for a new PSU, my specs are :

Ryzen 5 2600 with the Prism cooler
2x8 GB trident z 3200mhz cl 16
Amd Sapphire nitro + RX 580 SE
240 ssd
500gb hdd
Aorus B450 elite

Thesw are the current specs, but i have some plans for the future and i kinda want a PSU thats going to be good for the curent spec and the upgraded components that i hqve in plan, and those are

The CPU im going to swap for a ryzen 5 3600 most likely or myb the X version of it
Thw gpu im planing to swap to is the rx 5700 xt from powercolor red devil
And myb upgrading the storage to a 500gb nvme and 1tb of HDD max
The rest is probably going to stay the same
And now the question is im looking to get a evga gq 650w 80+ gold, im sure its more than enough for the curent spec, but will it be enough for the new spec im not quite sure becouse i saw in a article that thw recomended psu for a rx5700 is 700 w. So is that psu a good reliable deal thats going to be enough for the future of my pc or do any of you know a simular priced alternative thats myb better

Solution
Where im from we use something simular to amazon, ill provide you a link https://www.olx.ba/ , if the link doesent work than go to olx.com and select Bosnia and Hercegovina see if it will work than. My budget in KM is around 200KM witch is somewhere around 120 dolars but thats the maximum im willing to part for a PSU.
I spent a while looking there and most of my recommendations were over your budget around 250KM and I could not be sure I had the region filtered properly so I'll give you some models to look for.

Corsair TX650M, Seasonic Focus 650W, Be Quiet! Straight Power 650W, Super Flower Leadex III 650W. The Corsair is probably closest to your budget at 210KM but you may find a Seasonic at a reasonable price also.
So, ive had a RM750x psu which was really good to me, but it found its end when i had a problem with my system and went to check it out and after a full week of the service trying to fix it came to the conclusion that it had a factory defect that wasnt fixable, so im here to ask the comunity for a recomendation for a new PSU, my specs are :

Ryzen 5 2600 with the Prism cooler
2x8 GB trident z 3200mhz cl 16
Amd Sapphire nitro + RX 580 SE
240 ssd
500gb hdd
Aorus B450 elite

Thesw are the current specs, but i have some plans for the future and i kinda want a PSU thats going to be good for the curent spec and the upgraded components that i hqve in plan, and those are

The CPU im going to swap for a ryzen 5 3600 most likely or myb the X version of it
Thw gpu im planing to swap to is the rx 5700 xt from powercolor red devil
And myb upgrading the storage to a 500gb nvme and 1tb of HDD max
The rest is probably going to stay the same
And now the question is im looking to get a evga gq 650w 80+ gold, im sure its more than enough for the curent spec, but will it be enough for the new spec im not quite sure becouse i saw in a article that thw recomended psu for a rx5700 is 700 w. So is that psu a good reliable deal thats going to be enough for the future of my pc or do any of you know a simular priced alternative thats myb better
The EVGA GQ is a downgrade in quality from the Corsair you were using. I would suggest something of similar quality to the RMx or better, especially considering your GPU upgrade, at the same power level you were using.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Jun 23, 2020
im a bit on a budget, that should be self explanatory. Thats why im considering the GQ im aware that its a downgrade but is it a reliable psu thats what interests me

im a bit on a budget, that should be self explanatory. Thats why im considering the GQ im aware that its a downgrade but is it a reliable psu thats what interests me
In the states there are better units in its price range but prices are unstable right now so I'm not sure how much that actually means. I guess it depends on what's available where you live. Can you give your general location and budget? There's an indepth review of the 650 GQ here if you're interested.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020
where im from the PC market is limited in a way, the prices are a bit high, and the overall selection of parts is small, and a bonus to that the current situation has made the prices jump even more, so that makes my situation even worse. And today i contacted some dealers (with reasonable prices) about the GQ and all of them said its out of stock and that in the current situation its almost imposible for them to restock on anything, so that means that the selection now is even slimer, i have been looking at a Seasonic s12 III i think thats the model and it was in stock for a reasonable price but when i checked a rewiev for it people are saying that the unit is so bad that its better to use it as a door stop than a psu... I live in Bosnia and Hercegovina and my budget is around 90-100 US dollars.

where im from the PC market is limited in a way, the prices are a bit high, and the overall selection of parts is small, and a bonus to that the current situation has made the prices jump even more, so that makes my situation even worse. And today i contacted some dealers (with reasonable prices) about the GQ and all of them said its out of stock and that in the current situation its almost imposible for them to restock on anything, so that means that the selection now is even slimer, i have been looking at a Seasonic s12 III i think thats the model and it was in stock for a reasonable price but when i checked a rewiev for it people are saying that the unit is so bad that its better to use it as a door stop than a psu... I live in Bosnia and Hercegovina and my budget is around 90-100 US dollars.
The S12III production was outsourced and is not even made by Seasonic. It lacks certain safety features and overall quality is less than optimal. If you're buying from an online store perhaps you could link it for a quick search on available models.

Jun 23, 2020
Where im from we use something simular to amazon, ill provide you a link https://www.olx.ba/ , if the link doesent work than go to olx.com and select Bosnia and Hercegovina see if it will work than. My budget in KM is around 200KM witch is somewhere around 120 dolars but thats the maximum im willing to part for a PSU.

I spent a while looking there and most of my recommendations were over your budget around 250KM and I could not be sure I had the region filtered properly so I'll give you some models to look for.

Corsair TX650M, Seasonic Focus 650W, Be Quiet! Straight Power 650W, Super Flower Leadex III 650W. The Corsair is probably closest to your budget at 210KM but you may find a Seasonic at a reasonable price also.

Solution
Jun 23, 2020
the seasonic focus are out of stock, and the tx corsair are out of stock for every dealer i contacted. Now one of the dealers that i contacted said that the seasonic core GM-650 is in stock and that it is better than the corsair tx series... what do you think about that ?

the seasonic focus are out of stock, and the tx corsair are out of stock for every dealer i contacted. Now one of the dealers that i contacted said that the seasonic core GM-650 is in stock and that it is better than the corsair tx series... what do you think about that ?
Newer versions of the Corsair TXm series (2017) are rated higher than the Seasonic Core GM series but both are still decent options.