• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question PSU Recommendations

Aug 24, 2019
I’ve recently upgraded my PC to the following:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x 3.9 GHz
MoBo: MSI X570-A Pro
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8 GB) (3000 MHz)

I am using a Samsung 750 EVO SSD as my primary drive and EVGA GeForce 960 2 GB FTW. That I will eventually upgrade.

I also was using my existing PSU, which is rated 500 Watt, is 3-4 years old. I have been encountering random restarts, and the event log displays a Kernel Power 41(63). When it restarted the system was under load. This has happened before and each time before the system was under load. Based on this information, I researched on a few forums and discovered that the PSU was most likely the culprit.

This being said I went to purchase a Corsair CX750M (2015) off Amazon. The supply had relatively good reviews, however, looking at various forums held varied reviews for similarly spec’d PC’s. Should I go ahead with this purchase or should I buy something else?

Brotherofwar

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I’ve recently upgraded my PC to the following:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x 3.9 GHz
MoBo: MSI X570-A Pro
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8 GB) (3000 MHz)

I am using a Samsung 750 EVO SSD as my primary drive and EVGA GeForce 960 2 GB FTW. That I will eventually upgrade.

I also was using my existing PSU, which is rated 500 Watt, is 3-4 years old. I have been encountering random restarts, and the event log displays a Kernel Power 41(63). When it restarted the system was under load. This has happened before and each time before the system was under load. Based on this information, I researched on a few forums and discovered that the PSU was most likely the culprit.

This being said I went to purchase a Corsair CX750M (2015) off Amazon. The supply had relatively good reviews, however, looking at various forums held varied reviews for similarly spec’d PC’s. Should I go ahead with this purchase or should I buy something else?
The Rm750x from corsair is the better option.
The cx is lower tier of corsair.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS