Psu requirement for Vega 56 OC

Jul 11, 2018
Hello, I am new to overclocking and was wondering if a 750W corsair cxm would be enough to support a slight overclock in a vega 56 (say to 1520 or 1550 mhz); my current pc specs
I7-7700k/hyper 212 evo heatsink
Tuf z270 mark 2 motherboard
Rx 480
16 gig ddr4
Razer Gaming mouse/keyboard
1 monitor (thinking about getting a 2nd)
An xbox 1 controller
3 120 mm case fans (I believe - rosewill challenger case)

Any feedback would be helpful, I've looked up requirements on psu calculators, but I've had a card fry with insufficient power a few years ago so I'm a bit scared to get within 100 watts even if that may be a bit irrational.

Solution
The vega cards in general can be power hungry especially when overclocked. I have seen from reviews that systems with a Vega 56 overclocked can hit over 450w system draw. Factor in as well a cpu overclock and that will increase a bit again. None the less though your PSU (if you already have it) is more than enough to handle your system.
The vega cards in general can be power hungry especially when overclocked. I have seen from reviews that systems with a Vega 56 overclocked can hit over 450w system draw. Factor in as well a cpu overclock and that will increase a bit again. None the less though your PSU (if you already have it) is more than enough to handle your system.

Solution