Question PSU upgrade Advice, please!

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Hi All,

Hope you are all well.

I have been upgrading my acer/packardbell onetwo l5861 with the intent of playing some games. So far, I have upgraded the ram, cpu, and hdd to ssd.

I am interested in installing a gtx 1650 low profile gpu. However, I need a minimum of a 300w psu. I only have a 220 w psu.

I have a H67H2-AD motherboard. I believe it is micro atx standard. I'm not too sure what pin socket it is.

I checked the service manual and It gives a clue:

"Disconnect the 4-pin and 24-pin ATX power cables from their mainboard connectors"

I measured the size of the psu (l×w×h):
20cm × 9cm × 5.45cm

It's a rectangular one. Alot online like be quite are square, which wouldn't fit.

Please, if anyone has any information regarding a suitable psu to upgrade mine with, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance ☺

if anyone has any information regarding a suitable psu to upgrade mine with, it would be greatly appreciated.
most of these types of prebuilt systems use a proprietary power supply that is designed to fit specifically in the provided case.

unless you can find an upgrade option listed through "acer/packardbell" then i doubt you'll find an aftermarket unit that will be compatible with the case.

another option may be to get a nicer case and just transfer everything over.

Reactions: CRT120Hz

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is this PC an all-in-one? If so, that introduces some new problems, such as trying to fit a GPU in there physically. It'll almost certainly have to be a low-profile, single-slot GTX 1650, which looks to be a problem; PC Part Picker only lists two in existence, neither of which are being carried anywhere anymore. In fact, the most powerful GPU that seems to have some choices for single-slot GPUs would be a GT 1030.

That Apevia looks like the type of PSU that would work with this PC. But certainly not that particular PSU. It's only actually a 220W PSU in modern terms and is so ancient it actually has a voltage selector, which should never be a thing on a PSU bought in 2022, no matter how light the load. I'd be more inclined to get a normal PSU and just not put it inside the case.

As for 24-pin connector, while it appears that the motherboard uses those standard connections, the quickest way to tell is to physically look at your connectors and count the pins.

Reactions: Tac 25 and CRT120Hz

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Thanks for the brilliant advice! I was looking at the msi gtx 1650. The asus and zotac ones look larger. I checked the dimensions and I think it will fit. Alot of space was freed when I swapped out my extremely large hdd, which had a huge casing (greater than 3.5 inches!)

Thanks for pointing out that psu is only 220w!

Is there any other PSU's that are 300w and have similar rectangular dimensions?

Connecting externally seems to be another perfectly viable option. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

@DSzymborski the pc is all in one

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
A LP GPU don't need additional power from a PCI-e connector. Just give a try with your current PSU. I've assambled a lot of 75w LP GPUs in OEM systems with 180 - 240w PSUs and all were running fine.

Thanks for the insight. It is greatly appreciated. Did these gpus perform fine with a 220w psu when intensive games were run?

Hi All,

Hope you are all well.

I have been upgrading my acer/packardbell onetwo l5861 with the intent of playing some games. So far, I have upgraded the ram, cpu, and hdd to ssd.

I am interested in installing a gtx 1650 low profile gpu. However, I need a minimum of a 300w psu. I only have a 220 w psu.

I have a H67H2-AD motherboard. I believe it is micro atx standard. I'm not too sure what pin socket it is.

I checked the service manual and It gives a clue:

"Disconnect the 4-pin and 24-pin ATX power cables from their mainboard connectors"

I measured the size of the psu (l×w×h):
20cm × 9cm × 5.45cm

It's a rectangular one. Alot online like be quite are square, which wouldn't fit.

Please, if anyone has any information regarding a suitable psu to upgrade mine with, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance ☺
https://www.aformatique.fr/manual/pb_sg_onetwo_l5860_l5861.pdf

Look at page 10 it shows psu's that might be installed.

If you put those into google you might find a replacement that has more power.

Reactions: CRT120Hz and Tac 25

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Thanks! Apologies for the late reply.
I will look at the link.

Thankyou @Tac 25 for finding a potential psu!

As long as the gpu isn't overclocked or used to capacity, would 280w be sufficient?

Thank you

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
I will keep searching for a psu
Most games should be fine with a gt 1030, but with the latest x plane 12, I would definitely need something stronger like a gtx 1050.

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
So, how many cables do I actually have to physically connect from the psu to the motherboard?

My current understanding is one for the motherboard (24pin) and one 4 pin for the cpu.

Have I missed any? Or is there a cable for the pcle too?