[SOLVED] PSU Upgrade Has Broken My OS

GreenDrago4

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
The other day I swapped out my brothers old PSU (600W) with a 650W that I had in my desktop but no longer use. I saw that there was a second hard drive (750GB) that didnt have a sata or power cable connected to the old PSU or mother board so I connected that one as well as the 1TB he was using. It powered up fine, but the computer couldn't boot up windows 7, the OS that had worked just minutes earier. It was stuck on the windows logo screen and waiting didnt fix it. I tried several different cables for the hard drive, I swapped the PSU's again with no difference, I tried every different BIOS setting available, I went through windows recovery several times, I tried reseating everything in the computer, I tried using the on-board graphics card instead of the one he had, I tried less ram (8gb instead of 16gb), and I tried factory resetting his hard drive. All of these things I tried with both PSU's installed and without a windows 7 installation disk, I didnt have much more to try. The latest attempt was to download the media creation tool file for windows 10 onto an external hard drive and try to load that onto a brand new HHD. I tried all three hard drives, 32bit, and 64bit, along with the same tests I did for windows 7, but it just stays stuck at the windows 10 loading screen as well (dots are moving). I was able to mess around with safe mode before the factory reset so I know the motherboard, GPU, PSU, and processor work. The hard drive (the one that was originally had plugged in) must mostley work as well as I was able to access the files in safe mode.

So after a few days of testing, googling, and confusion, I'm looking for any additonal insight. Who knew a simple PSU swap would result to this...

Motherboard : AAHD2-HY (HOLLY)

GreenDrago4

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

I tried each of the drives separately and all of them together, regardless, I still will get an infinite loading screen for both windows 7 and windows 10.

GreenDrago4

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
The computer was cleaned out and I did some more tweaking along with putting in the old PSU and ended up getting both windows 7 and windows 10 working. Turns out it was the other unplugged drive that was causing the problems as I was able to replicate the problem. Thank you.