Psu upgrade problem

Banete

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
I just now guarded my psu to a EVGA 450 B1. I plugged everything in and all, but when I booted it, there was an error saying that an ATA device has been changed. I searched up this problem, and I found out that I had to press F1 to go into bios and save and exit. Now, whenever I boot, I am stuck at this black screen. Please, I need help.

Edit : My hard drive broke so I'm going to have to get a new one. My old one was a SATA 3 HDD, so if I upgrade to a SATA 6 1 TB HDD and use the old sata cable on my mobo and the sata power cable on my psu will the hdd be detected and work? Asking so I don't make the same mistake again.

Solution
How is it broken? That message usually occurs when you change slot the Hard Drives are connected to, you would go into BIOS make sure the correct drive is set as boot and save and exit.

SATA 3 is 6 Gb/S. It can be referred to as either, so the drives are both SATA 3. You can use any SATA cable you have already there is no difference between a SATA 2/3 cable.

RimStain

Reputable
May 6, 2015
How is it broken? That message usually occurs when you change slot the Hard Drives are connected to, you would go into BIOS make sure the correct drive is set as boot and save and exit.

SATA 3 is 6 Gb/S. It can be referred to as either, so the drives are both SATA 3. You can use any SATA cable you have already there is no difference between a SATA 2/3 cable.

Solution