[SOLVED] PSU UPGRADE

alt1231

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Would I be able to upgrade this psu 5P50V03182 Lenovo Power Supplies Internal (encompass.com)
with this one Amazon.com: SilverStone Technology 500W Fixed Cable TFX Power Supply 80 Plus Gold TX500-G (SST-TX500-G): Computers & Accessories
if i use this connector Amazon.com: 24 Pin to 10 Pin ATX PSU Main Power Adapter Braided Sleeved Cable for IBM Lenovo PCs: Computers & Accessories
I have this desktop
IdeaCentre 5-14IMB05 Desktop - Type 90NA
this is the motherboard Bdplanar Intel Comet Lake B460 Win Dpk part no. 5B20U53970

Solution
Looks so limiting. Is a small picture so hard to see what is what, but it even looks like it only has one dimslot for ram. No smartphone with which you can take a picture? Would be really nice to see if it could fit a standard case.

From other pictures does it seem that the current psu is indeed an TFX as you linked, so that should fit, but if the system is so limiting would i rather upgrade more, but that is me.

What cpu and gpu in there? Only one of that type pc i could find was with a 10400f which is a good cpu, with that in mind not too bad to consider upgrading. Budget plays a role as well i understand so maybe that is a problem.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you post a picture of the motherboard? Want to see if it is micro atx. Might be better to upgrade case+psu to something ATX if the motherboard is standard ATX size. Can get a better ventilated case that way with better psu choice.

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

The adapter seems to work, but haven't tried myself.

alt1231

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
heres the system board
5B20U54188_A-218.jpg

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looks so limiting. Is a small picture so hard to see what is what, but it even looks like it only has one dimslot for ram. No smartphone with which you can take a picture? Would be really nice to see if it could fit a standard case.

From other pictures does it seem that the current psu is indeed an TFX as you linked, so that should fit, but if the system is so limiting would i rather upgrade more, but that is me.

What cpu and gpu in there? Only one of that type pc i could find was with a 10400f which is a good cpu, with that in mind not too bad to consider upgrading. Budget plays a role as well i understand so maybe that is a problem.

Solution