PSU with another system

Thatpcguy5486

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Will an english PSU work in an american PC.I want to switch out an old PSU for a new one but i am afraid it will burn out my PC as i heard there are difference volts required for american and english systems, my computer is american but the psu i want to install is english...

Do i do it?

Solution
The voltages which your PSU sends to the inside of the computer is completely standard across the world. You don't need to worry about this.
Some PSU have more power than others. Check that your new PSU has similar power in Watts to your old one.

The voltage which your PSU accepts from the mains power in your house is written on it. Mine says 110V to 240V, which means it will work equally well in America and Britain.

lodders

Admirable
The voltages which your PSU sends to the inside of the computer is completely standard across the world. You don't need to worry about this.
Some PSU have more power than others. Check that your new PSU has similar power in Watts to your old one.

The voltage which your PSU accepts from the mains power in your house is written on it. Mine says 110V to 240V, which means it will work equally well in America and Britain.

Solution