Question PSU

Aug 7, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

What make and model PSU is it exactly?
Quality is just as important as quantity.
What is the rest of your system spec?

A poor quality 350W - no.
A good quality 350W - probably.
my specs:
intel i3 550 3.2 GHz
8gb ram
an old msi mobo MSI H55M-E21
also the PSU was in an old dell pc so i guess it's kind of standard PSUs

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The dell OEM PSUs are pretty poor quality from experience, if it is a generic Dell OEM one that is (which it probably is).

Well, depends on how much power is going through the 12V rail, you should be able to see a label on the side of the PSu stipulating the W output on each rail. It's only the 12V rail that powers your GPU, there's a slight misconception that it's all about overall wattage, when technically only the 12V is what powers your major components.

In short, ideally you'd probably want to upgrade your PSU, as the Dell OEM ones are usually very poor quality.
But i suspect it will probably be fine for a while, you may just want to take it as a caution.

The 750 Ti is a very low power usage card for the performance, but regardless it's not ideal to pair any modern GPU with a poor quality PSU.

Aug 7, 2019
The dell OEM PSUs are pretty poor quality from experience, if it is a generic Dell OEM one that is (which it probably is).

Well, depends on how much power is going through the 12V rail, you should be able to see a label on the side of the PSu stipulating the W output on each rail. It's only the 12V rail that powers your GPU, there's a slight misconception that it's all about overall wattage, when technically only the 12V is what powers your major components.

In short, ideally you'd probably want to upgrade your PSU, as the Dell OEM ones are usually very poor quality.
But i suspect it will probably be fine for a while, you may just want to take it as a caution.

The 750 Ti is a very low power usage card for the performance, but regardless it's not ideal to pair any modern GPU with a poor quality PSU.
thanks for the explanation. i guess i need to change it, which PSU do u recommend ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
thanks for the explanation. i guess i need to change it, which PSU do u recommend ?
It will probably work perfectly fine.

Just poor quality PSUs never last long and can pose a risk.

So it's just best practice to upgrade.
If you want to upgrade, what future upgrades would you be looking at?
The cheapest but still decent quality PSU you could get is a Corsair CX model. Even a 450 will be little.