Psystar Working on OS X Hackintosh Netbook?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My biggest beef with Apple is there closed/proprietary OS. If Apple opens it up to other vendors. I would lift my anti-mac and somewhat anti-Apple stance. The only difference between a PC and a Mac is the OS. Hardware wise they are identical (don't quote EFI bs to me, PCs could run EFI if the wanted to, but there isn't much benefit to doing so).

Let me run mac OS in a VM or on my own hardware and I would be a OS X supporter.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
To everyone saying Mac OS X is won't run on a netbook, you seem to be forgetting that Mac OS X (10.5) will run on a 6 year old PPC G4 with 512MB RAM. It runs on the original Intel (Core Solo 1.5GHz) based Mac Mini (with Intel GMA 950 or GMA 3100).

A stripped down version runs on the

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
WTF, half my comment got chopped off? Let's try again.

To everyone saying Mac OS X is won't run on a netbook, you seem to be forgetting that Mac OS X (10.5) will run on a 6 year old PPC G4 with 512MB RAM. It runs on the original Intel (Core Solo 1.5GHz) based Mac Mini (with Intel GMA 950 or GMA 3100).

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
WTF? Half my comment got chopped off. Let's try it one more time.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

A stripped down version runs on the less than 700MHz ARM based iPhone and iPod Touch.

The prior version 10.4 runs very well on a 6 year old iBook G4 (1.33GHz, 640MB RAM) and a 7 year old iBook G3 (900MHz, 512MB RAM).

Anyone who says Mac OS X is too bloated to be useful on a netbook has never used Mac OS X on a 3-7 year old Mac.

G

I think macOSX is a fitting Os to run on Atom powered machines. Though with Apple already selling 12" laptop devices I think they'll fear losing that market to a cheaper 10" version.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I always wonder why MS fanboy's even read these news topics. I try to just avoid things I don't like...

G

You know for all you Mac haters why do you even waste your time hacking OSX to run on non Apple hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.