PUBG Stuttering in "new" areas

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,

I just got PUBG a few days ago and it is literally unplayable. So when i first launched a game I was getting like 4 fps on the plane and then after like 10 seconds of stuttering it finally went to a stable 60 fps so i decided to jump and then once all the trees and textures started loading in my PC decided to stutter its way down to 4 - 15 fps, which was not stable i literally couldn't do anything. So i stood there and waited to see if anything happens. After about 5 - 10 seconds my PC started to go back up in FPS from a gradual, slow and stable 60 - 70 FPS, so I ran about looted and i did get some hick ups but nothing that was upsetting this was fine for about 5 mins (I dropped Quarry).

Ok now I've seen someone ready to shoot at em and there goes my FPS literally an unstable 4 - 10 fps basically frozen. I die to the guy but i couldn't tell, the way i knew was by audio. So the death cam comes and that couldn't even load smoothly. Once it finally came i spectated him and my PC was COMPLETELY smooth a steady 60+ FPS and i spectated him for a good 10 mins 0 hick ups. So i dropped Quarry next game same place no stutter no lag nothing completely fine. Until i see someone that when my FPS drops considerately. Now I'm thinking this game replies on cache memory and i tested this out by dropping different places but going to them twice and it was the same process, stutter when i first go there and then smooth the 2nd time but once again when i see someone it drops. But as time went on when i see players my PC was able to handle it better than the last time.

Since the game was on my 2nd HDD which was at 5400 rpm I decided to move it to my main drive which is an 7200 rpm Toshiba drive. First game on with the new drive (somewhere i haven't dropped at all) unsurprisingly it ran way better than my other drive but I did get stutters and weird textures that didn't load, so i thought i fixed the problem but no the textures took too long to load and when I see someone it still lags but when i spectate i get 60 - 70 fps

Please can someone help, might think some command line launch options could help idk.

==PC SPECS==
- i5 2400
- 4GB 1600MHZ RAM
- 7200 rpm HDD
- GTX 660 2GB
- 400 watt Antec 80 bronze certified PSU

I know the GTX 660 can run PUBG at 60 FPS 720p which im running it at. My settings are mixture of Low and Very Low and I changed them many times to very low to low. YouTube benchmark show I should be getting around 50 FPS at least with no stutters.

Solution
Sounds like you need more RAM; this looks like exactly what I'd expect to happen when data is being copied off the HDD into memory.

4GB simply isn't enough for modern games. Hell, even 8GB systems are starting to get thrashed. This isn't the 32-bit era anymore; systems are going to need 16GB+ RAM for games going forward.
You need more memory for one, at least 8 GB of ram in a dual channel kit.

And a GPU upgrade if you want a better playing experience.

Your system is under min specs for the game.

Your GPU is at min specs to run the game, that means it will struggle, something like a GTX 1050 or GTX 1050Ti would be a nice upgrade.

This is min specs.

Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300.
Memory: 6 GB RAM.
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.

If you don't upgrade the PC don't expect much.

Aug 19, 2018

I understand my PC isn't amazing, but with little research the GTX 660 2gb can nearly matches the 1050, so I highly doubt its a GPU issue. Idk if i mentioned I ordered 8GB but like i said ive seen benchmarks and 4gb runs ok but at least theres no heavily stuttering at the start like mine.

I came across something new with the problem I'm facing. My GPU usage goes down to litterally 0% when the stutters happen at the start and then i have to wait 10 seconds and then goes to like 85 to about 90% thats when the game runs smooth.

To note when these heavy stutters happen my cpu usage is at 25% and all my temps are unders 60

Sounds like you need more RAM; this looks like exactly what I'd expect to happen when data is being copied off the HDD into memory.

4GB simply isn't enough for modern games. Hell, even 8GB systems are starting to get thrashed. This isn't the 32-bit era anymore; systems are going to need 16GB+ RAM for games going forward.

Solution