Public And Private Hybrid Clouds: The Pros And Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good info.
Whether you like it or not cloud computing IS the future.
Ten years from now the traditional desktop/laptop is gone.
The future for home users will be web appliances tapped into the cloud and us paying not only for internet but for processing usage.
This was predicted back in the 1960's...

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I guess I need a tshirt that says my email was in the cloud before the cloud existed. Just another buzzword for CIO's to throw around to sound intelligent.

Box293

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
The Cloud word has existed for a long time now. Look at old versions of Visio (before Microsoft purchased it) and they used a cloud to represent the Internet. Even our ISP has been using this term for 10 years now with their Private IP Cloud network.

G

It is so surprised why Colt is not been considered as Cloud provider as it has started offering various cloud functionality.

William Smith

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
A hybrid cloud is a combination of both public and private clouds. A hybrid cloud is a combination of public and private clouds bound together by either standardized or proprietary technology that enables data and application portability. It could be a combination of a private cloud inside an organization with one or more public cloud providers or a private cloud hosted on third-party premises with one or more public cloud providers. Hybrid clouds offer the cost and scale benefits of public clouds while also offering the security and control benefits of private clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.