Public Beta V 1.C Nov 13, 2005

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
One could put up a full-fledged window like you say (even if reduced). But this is meant to be a fast-loading pop up which is rarely used, and users don't have to hunt for the content (vs. all the other stuff).

In any case, it is a design issue. Will leave it until later. The funtionality is there already.

Yeah, I understand that - But we'd be talking 5Kb of images if that.

Functionality is there, but not the professional looking output of error messages.

It's like if Windows gave you error messages in plain text format.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Orange buttons are on as of last visit. So if you don't use your pc for 15 minutes or so, that visit is terminated, so they should be white after that if you come back on.
Are you kidding? That's awful. I'll be constantly seeing everything as read no matter what I do? It completely destroys any purpose of marking threads as unread or read because they'll all just end up as read whether I've read them or not. :cry:

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
If that is the case, you should be fine now (?). That last visit is sometimes reset to way earlier (like 1969 8O ), and I am trying to replicate that.

Check it now. Should be ok.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
This seems strange ... I just logged in with Opera (1st time today) and, while the indicators are ok (not red) on the main category page, ie Community, all the threads in all sections are lit up again ... even though I thought we fixed the cookie issue to be server based. Is it that browser sensative?