Question Pulled Plug On Pc Not Working Right

Happyfacebro

Prominent
May 9, 2021
I pulled the plug on my computer not on purpose and now its not working right. The cpu fan is making a werid sound. Also the gpu won't turn on. Is there anything I can do about it?

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and an RX 570

Happyfacebro

Prominent
May 9, 2021
I pulled the plug on my computer not on purpose and now its not working right. The cpu fan is making a werid sound. Also the gpu won't turn on. Is there anything I can do about it?

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and an RX 570

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Don't feel like "just pulling the plug" would cause such. Now, something along the lines of "I tripped over the plug and it caused the whole computer to jerk as the plug came out" to be a more likely causation (type thing).

So, the first thing I would do would be to unplug the machine, turn off the PSU switch. Open the side panel and reseat the GPU. I would also check to be sure some cable or connector didn't get jarred into the fan causing the noise.
Test it with the side panel off such that you can hear or see the issue more clearly.

Happyfacebro

Prominent
May 9, 2021
Don't feel like "just pulling the plug" would cause such. Now, something along the lines of "I tripped over the plug and it caused the whole computer to jerk as the plug came out" to be a more likely causation (type thing).

So, the first thing I would do would be to unplug the machine, turn off the PSU switch. Open the side panel and reseat the GPU. I would also check to be sure some cable or connector didn't get jarred into the fan causing the noise.
Test it with the side panel off such that you can hear or see the issue more clearly.

There was nothing blocking the cpu fan. The gpu is still not turning on after reseating the gpu. I don't have an extra power supply hanging around that I can try either. So there is a possibility that the gpu fans aren't turning on that's what I'm basing the gpu not turning on of. I really don't understand what the problem is before I unplugged it, it was working just fine.

Happyfacebro

Prominent
May 9, 2021
I pulled the plug on my computer not on purpose and now its not working right. The cpu fan is making a werid sound. Also the gpu won't turn on. Is there anything I can do about it. It was running a gpu intensive game before unplugged.

Cpu - Ryzen 5 2600
Gpu - RX 570
Motherboard - Asrock B450 pro
Psu - 650 watt EVGA BR (80+ Bronze)