Purple PC components?

Dzirre

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
I want to build a white and purple PC but am not sure where to find purple components. I want to have a white case with some purple components and accents, does anybody know of any purple components or where to find any? Thanks

Dzirre

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015

Okay thanks, do you have any suggestions for an LGA 2011 board?

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016

But the paint will mess with the heat dissipation property of the heatsinking surface

DustinV

Honorable

If you use regular paint, yes it would reduce the cooling, but things like vinyl paint works amazing and doesnt affect your cooling
But you really have to read about the paint so you make sure it will work on the certain components.

You can go into an Autozone and tell them you need something to paint the dashboard of your car. Will usually find something that will work great on plastic pc parts.

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016

Wow, interesting. I did not know that.

DustinV

Honorable
Yes purple LEDs will work, but if you really wanted to paint anything the only thing hard to paint is the graphics card.
Ram and motherboard heatsinks are quite easy. Again just research the correct paints to use.

Maybe go with purple LEDs for now, then later on after you do research you can at least paint the ram and mobo heatsinks?