Push \ Pull on Graphics Card Radiator

s1luxford

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
I recently purchased a Inno3d 980Ti Hybrid Black which comes with a radiator and a fan and I happen to have a 120mm NF-F12 Noctua fan laying around.

I was therefore wondering if I could setup a push\pull configuration for the GPU radiator to try and keep the temperatures as low as possible.

Therefore does anyone have any advice on how I should set this up eg which fan pulling and which one pushing?

Also the fan that comes with the radiator varies speed depending on the heat of the GPU would this be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
If the fans are not of equal quality, don't mix them up. The slower fan will act as a barrier. Use the best fan you have as the push fan and that will be more then enough to keep temps down. The Noctua fan is likely the better fan unit so I would go with that one.

If the high speed of the Noctua is annoying, just stick with the stock unit. Those liquid cooled GPUS rarely ever heat up beyond 60c on exteme gaming sessions anyway. Most average 45-50c.

Finkledbody

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
If the fans are not of equal quality, don't mix them up. The slower fan will act as a barrier. Use the best fan you have as the push fan and that will be more then enough to keep temps down. The Noctua fan is likely the better fan unit so I would go with that one.

If the high speed of the Noctua is annoying, just stick with the stock unit. Those liquid cooled GPUS rarely ever heat up beyond 60c on exteme gaming sessions anyway. Most average 45-50c.

Solution