[SOLVED] Putting in new RAM into slots doesn't let PC start

darkevangelist

Honorable
Aug 21, 2014
Okay so I am very novice at this stuff but I have a Asus Prime B350-Plus motherboard and already had two Corsair 2x8Gb RAM clocked at 2400Mhz and then I decided to raise it by 16gb more so i got two more 8Gb Corsair LPX sticks clocked at 3000Mhz but every time i install them my PC won't start again. I moved them around the RAM slots and at some point i managed to make it work but the memory only showed in the total physical memory and not in the available one. Would be great to know how I can fix this. Thankss

Solution
Look in the Motherboard's User Manual.

Do two things:

1) Verify that the RAM modules are all supported by the motherboard and in the configuration being used.

2) Also check to determine if there is a requirement that the first physically installed RAM module must go into a specific RAM slot.

The motherboard's User Manual may refer you back to the manufacturer's website for more current information.

If so, then do so.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in the Motherboard's User Manual.

Do two things:

1) Verify that the RAM modules are all supported by the motherboard and in the configuration being used.

2) Also check to determine if there is a requirement that the first physically installed RAM module must go into a specific RAM slot.

The motherboard's User Manual may refer you back to the manufacturer's website for more current information.

If so, then do so.

Solution
What is your Bios version ? There are numerous updates
with many improving memory compatibility.
But as SamirD said, mixing kits is never a good idea.
But, just maybe, a Bios update would allow to use your 32 Gb even at a slower speed

Reactions: darkevangelist

TRENDING THREADS