Question Puzzled by Mobo compatibility

Oct 31, 2020
Greetings.
I can't find any compatibility lists for my motherboard, for upgrading the Athlon L310 CPU.

cpu-upgrade.com lists several chips that are socket-compatible. How do I find out which of these are also board-compatible?

Mobo is ACER MBPE902001

Brixit

Oct 31, 2020
Thanks for your reply siaan312.
Is that a laptop motherboard?
Oops, yes, I forgot to say it is a laptop.
The guess by rgd1101 was close, its a 5538.

Though unless you have a special need for it, that socket doesn't have any cpu you might want in 2020.
siaan312, I'm not expecting more than a slight increase. To some extent this is a learning exercise.
The CPU is not soldered in.

One page I read suggested that an L510 or a TF-20 might be compatible. These are dirt cheap, wheras a replacement used laptop would cost me anywhere from $150 to $450, depending how lucky I got.

On cpu-upgrade.com, a dozen or so CPUs are listed as socket-compatible up to a TL-68, but I don't know how to find out if any are board-compatible. ACER does not seem to have data available on this. And cpu-upgrade.com does not list my board.

Brixit

Oct 31, 2020

Thanks for the link rgd1101, I had not found that website and it was very helpful.
Good guess!
My laptop is a 5538, and I was able to find a data page for it on the userbenchmark.com site.

That page lists the TF-20 as an alternative OEM CPU.
Though TF-20 is a single-core @ 1.6Ghz, it seems to benchmark significantly higher than the dual-core L310 @ 1.2 Ghz so is presumably an upgrade. I'm having trouble interpreting the unfamiliar data.
I don't understand why this page at cpu-upgrade.com does not list my stock L310 as part of the same family when it fits the same mobo!
https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Athlon 64 TF-20 - AMGTF20HAX4DN.html#rel_cpus

Brixit