[SOLVED] Puzzling Boot up

wolfcub71

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
Hello

I have a puzzling problem and i wonder if you guys can advise?

I have an Asus PC running win 8.1 and until start of week, worked fine, then on Monday i turned it on and it went straight to "press F1 to enter setup" and woukdnt go no further from there. I Pressed F1 and went into the BIOS setup, i checked the bios to see if it saw my Hard drive and dvd drive etc and it saw them fine, so i selected my hard drive the boot up options, and it booted into windows just fine. Once it was on i ran hard drive test and it came back fine, same with memory, even restarted it a couple more times, no trouble at all. So then i turned it off, went out for a few hours and when i came back a few hours later and turned it back on, the "press F1 to enter setup" msg was back again. If i boot it from with bios the pc starts fine, it just doesnt want to boot from a "cold start" and i am stuck as to what could cause this. I have replaced the bios battery and also re-installed windows 8.1, but didnt seem to change anything, i still get the "press f1 to enter setup" everytime i turn it on from cold. Any ideas guys?

Solution
make sure you have the latest BIOS installed. reset it to default settings.

there are options in a lot of BIOS to boot straight to settings instead of your OS. if that is an option, it could have been changed somehow.