Pwn2Own 2016: Windows Most Hacked, Edge Holds Its Own, Firefox Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheredahoodat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
So the lesson of the story is if you are a spook, work with sensitive info for the government or private company, a dissident you should use Chrome. Preferably with a up to date Linux distro b/c if those jokers have zero days, then you can be sure the NSA, FSB, Chicoms have their own lined up if you interest them enough.

alextheblue

Distinguished
So the lesson of the story is if you are a spook, work with sensitive info for the government or private company, a dissident you should use Chrome. Preferably with a up to date Linux distro b/c if those jokers have zero days, then you can be sure the NSA, FSB, Chicoms have their own lined up if you interest them enough.

I thnk the real lesson is to enable better security regardless of what OS and browser you choose to use. That's the point HPE and Trend Micro are trying to get across. You can use almost anything as long as you secure it better than it comes bone-stock default.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Using Chrome as a security bet? Seems like a joke. Yeah a hacker doesn't have your information, but you're using chrome, so ever company that ever tried to sell anything, ever, does. Buy new dishwasher detergent, you're low.

wheredahoodat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I thnk the real lesson is to enable better security regardless of what OS and browser you choose to use. That's the point HPE and Trend Micro are trying to get across. You can use almost anything as long as you secure it better than it comes bone-stock default.[/quote]
Using Chrome as a security bet? Seems like a joke. Yeah a hacker doesn't have your information, but you're using chrome, so ever company that ever tried to sell anything, ever, does. Buy new dishwasher detergent, you're low.
P

Pssh, at least make the insult plausible or grounded in some reality, you thought of dishwater detergent? What are you 60 years old, "ohhh...people these days use that tobacco smoke with the 7 leaves" LOL

mcdudeman

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I remember an article outlining that Chrome was the riskiest browser to use, and that IE was the safest, due to the SmartScreen filter and reports, while Chrome is known for automatic downloads and adware extensions (I have had a number of adware extensions sneak into Chrome through normal use... I am also not alone, I have had to remove adware for a friend and for a family member, both of whom also used Chrome)

Status
Not open for further replies.