[SOLVED] PWR_LED is red - Asus Strix Z270F Gaming LGA1151

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bignastyid

Titan
Not good news then either you have 2 bad sticks of ram(unlikely) or the motherboard or cpu(memory controller is part of the cpu) has failed. Given the way the cpu cooler is and was mounted that would be my prime suspect.

Hail Mary, remove the cpu cooler and reseat the cpu and check for any bent pins in the cpu socket.

Jun 30, 2021
Not good news then either you have 2 bad sticks of ram(unlikely) or the motherboard or cpu(memory controller is part of the cpu) has failed. Given the way the cpu cooler is and was mounted that would be my prime suspect.

Hail Mary, remove the cpu cooler and reseat the cpu and check for any bent pins in the cpu socket.
Ok so I tried with only one ram and there no yellow light anymore. The power supply fan work too. But nothing happens on my monitor

bignastyid

Titan
The PWRSW
Yes, that's how you turn it on with out the power switch from the case attached. The switch on the PSU only turns on the PSU it does not turn on the system.

So now install the 2nd ram stick in slot 4(furthest from the cpu) and see if you can still get to the bios. Also in the bios check your cpu temp to make sure the cpu cooler is getting good contact.

Jun 30, 2021
Yes, that's how you turn it on with out the power switch from the case attached. The switch on the PSU only turns on the PSU it does not turn on the system.

So now install the 2nd ram stick in slot 4(furthest from the cpu) and see if you can still get to the bios. Also in the bios check your cpu temp to make sure the cpu cooler is getting good contact.
I think one of the ram is dead because the DRAM stay in yellow!
When I remove this ram and turn on the computer the DRAM doesn't keep yellow. But the computer doesn't show the bios anymore :(

Jun 30, 2021
Remove the suspect stick and reset bios and see if it will complete post again.
Hello, I hope you are doing well.
After many tries, it's still doesn't work. My monitor can't detect the source to HDMI. There is no led. The ram work, the CPU work and even if I charge my phone through the USB it is work. Weirdly the keyboard can't be connected. I reset the motherboard and still doesn't work

Jun 30, 2021
Try reinstalling the gpu, maybe just an issue with the igpu.
Hello,
how are you?

I was on vacation, so I could not fix it. Today I tried again and it still does not work. The strange thing is when I turn on the computer, my monitor turns on automatically but nothing is detected.

Thank you

Jun 30, 2021
I solved the problem :)
For the next person who needs the solution. For me the problem came from my CPU. I had put in too much thermal paste so I put in a little less and it worked.