Pyramid PC Will Make Stargate Fans Drool

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Water cooling would have worked well for an enclosure like that. My wife doesn't like the look of my PC with it's large steel case and 3 large monitors; however, I'm pretty sure she'd be even less thrilled with a Goa'uld Ha'tak. Bravo to that guy for making it work and being able to keep it.

BartG

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
hordes of cables...? basic cable management solves that, 1 pyramid that golden wont stand out in your living room at all...

2 points for creativeness though

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Given enough flow and pressure, you can move air any way you like, including hot air with out much of a performance hit (ie. .2C variance or so).[/citation]
While that's true, I assume the goal here is to have adequate cooling while reducing the noise to a minimum. That's why a suggest using natural physics andd a single fan. Then again, since large 120mm fans are much more quieter than 40-60mm ones, maybe it would be better to have heat pipes going to the bottom of the pyramid with a 120mm fan there. Less noise, equal cooling, no visible holes, and it gives you the impression that the pyramid could hover! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.