q6600 and gt 610? csgo?

Sqwnlowbudget

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016
I have a lga 775 motherboard with a pentium D 945 3.4ghz and a gt610 and I was thinking in buying a q6600 because I'm saving for a new pc (I've 420 euros at the moment) and meanwhile I want to play some csgo with my recent computer, do you guys think that its a good idea? This CPU will cost me around 15 Euros in AliExpress xd, is q6600 much better than the Pentium D 945? Do you think it will run cs go with about 30 fps?? or no? Please be clear and explain me why yes or not, Thanks!

Solution

https://youtu.be/oBSrUiLTT7U
this video shows the same pc configuration but on call of duty which is far harder to run than cs go, if it can keep a maintainable framerate here it can definitely keep one in cs go.
and when I said it would manage 720p, medium- low just fine I meant with the core 2 quad not the Pentium d.
+definitely get the core 2 quad there will be a massive difference in performance

oscar douglas

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

https://youtu.be/oBSrUiLTT7U
this video shows the same pc configuration but on call of duty which is far harder to run than cs go, if it can keep a maintainable framerate here it can definitely keep one in cs go.
and when I said it would manage 720p, medium- low just fine I meant with the core 2 quad not the Pentium d.
+definitely get the core 2 quad there will be a massive difference in performance

Solution

salerhino

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Yes, it is MUCH better than Pentium D;
PS: Can you please tell me are you able to play League of Legends, Minecraft and those "easier" games on your Pentium?
I am planning to revive one old machine so I must know if it should be worth it.
Thanks in advance

Sqwnlowbudget

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016

Yes, I can play Minecraft with good fps, in 1v1 PvP fights I get between 170-200 fps with all min settings and 8 chunks custom sky. In survival with smooth lighting activated and 8 chunks I play with 200-250 fps and in servers it depends where you are, if it's a Skywars fight or something like this it goes around 150 fps, and in Minigames with a lot of entities you can run it with about 100 fps but with 5-6 chunks and no smooth lighting. For Minecraft is enough.
In LoL I dont know exactly how it goes but I've played some fights 4 months ago and I can say that when you are not fighting it goes with about 60 fps but when you are fighting with so many people the frames drop and it goes just with 15-20 fps. All os this tests are made in 720p.

salerhino

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Thanks on detailed answer, did you play LoL on low? (I guess you did)
And that was pentium + gt 610 ?

Sqwnlowbudget

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016

Yes, lowest settings in all the aspects and yes I use a gt 610 but I dont recommend you this GPU xd