q6600 problems with stability

ilic.veljko94

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hi,
I m having a problem overclocking my old q6600 2.4ghz.

My specs are:

motherboard: asus striker II formula
ram: 6gb ddr2
upgraded zalman cpu cooler (idle cpu temps are about 27°C)

BIOS is phoenix-awardbios v6, so it is showing fsb for all cores (ex. 333x4 cores= 1333), and not for a single core. I ve tried different multipliers, only x6 and x9 lasted for more than 5mins, and i couldnt get it to be stable. I was hoping for 3.0ghz

I ve left my vcore and memory voltage to [auto], and i ve tried different fsb:mem ratios but none seemd to work. Every time i tried to select specific voltage (ex. 1,325 for my vcore), pc wouldnt boot, so i had to reset my bios and start over.

So, i m asking u guys to help me out with voltages and fsb:mem ratios for this hardware and this (i would say shitty) bios for overclock.

ilic.veljko94

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017

since i want to oc my cpu to 3.0ghz, i ve set my fsb qdr to 1333 (4 cores x 333 fsb), x9 miltiplier. later, i ve tried adjusting ram memory. i first tried setting it to 1333mhz, didnt work. then i tried lowering it to 800mhz and i didnt work aswell...

i ve also adjusted things like C1E, speedstep, etc. as recommended in this guide.
volteges are left to [auto], since my monitor wont turn on everytime i try to higher/lower voltages of my cpu/ram.

depending on bios settings, my pc sometimes gives me blue screen (usualy 20 sec after i boot), but most of the time it keeps on running, but my monitor turns off (like my gpu is disconnected). does it have to do something with my gpu settings?