Question Q6600 vs Q8400

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Hi,
Well kinda old cpus completely out of date and luck they both aged well.
Therefore im asking if i should replace my q6600 with a q8400 because im getting it for free from my friend.
So should i change it or not because i've heard cpu cache help it ...8vs4mb
or will it boost some fps in games like watch dogs 2 csgo battlefield 1 farcry 5 and some other old games ?
Kindly help me decide which one would be fine.
Thanks! :)
I've a 1050 2gb.
Note:I dont have money for PCs ATM..so please dont tell me to go for something new.

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Hers a list of compatible PLLs:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/268...enerator-list-compilation.html#/topics/601904

Sometimes if its not in the list you can try closely related numbers until it overclocks, you will be able to move the slider if your selection works, if not, keep trying other selections. Monitor CPU RAM speed in CPUZ. Monitor temps using SpeedFan.
Thanks for the opinion guys!
PLL code is something you will find near the pcie slot of gpu written in a rectangular boxed chip.
Actually Q6600 is 105w and Q8400 is 95w and 65nm and 45nm respectively so there would be some spare wattages which sometimes need my q6600 to fix its BSOD crash issue while bf1 .
I think my q6600 crashes because of psu so extra wattages would be good,
Therefore i'll look forward to sell this and get a q9650 or else something better second hand(i5-i7 series)