QoS not working

Natsu Igneel

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hi! I have a router (ZyXel P-660HN-T1A) and I have configured QoS Settings as beloww
But it seems it is not working...
Can you help me?
Thanks
cfd57cc3a1f2401aa0c8a012dc6f79ab.png

Solution
You only need the mac of the pc you want to favor in the source mac. Destination mac should be left blank.

Now it may actually be working but you do not understand what the purpose is. It will in theory give this machine some priority (how much high means is hard to say) on the data you SEND to the internet. It will have no impact at all on the data you receive. It is very rare for people to have issues with exceeding their upload bandwidth it is almost always the download that is being exceeded.
You only need the mac of the pc you want to favor in the source mac. Destination mac should be left blank.

Now it may actually be working but you do not understand what the purpose is. It will in theory give this machine some priority (how much high means is hard to say) on the data you SEND to the internet. It will have no impact at all on the data you receive. It is very rare for people to have issues with exceeding their upload bandwidth it is almost always the download that is being exceeded.

Solution