Question QoS settings for Gaming ??

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
i have 12mb down / 1mb up connection packet, i know its terrible but this is my country ( Tunisia ) :(

recently my internet connection was unstable with high 40 ping to my server, but i managed to modify ADSL Modulation from 'ALL' to 'G.Dmt' and now its 10 to 10.5mb download very Stable with 11-13ms to my server. SCREEN
ingame i went from 90-100 ping to 60-65. but i still have bad gaming experience like Desync, get shot behind obstacles, my shots don't do damage etc ... VIDEO and VIDEO

but the problem is that i have high Bufferbloat around 250-300 and i find on Youtube how to Limit your internet with QoS settings for better bufferbloat, my Router doesn't have the Manual Bandwidth tweaking but i found some QoS settings SCREEN

my question is : what are those QoS terms and what is the best for better bufferbloat ???

The qos that fixes bufferbloat is only available on some more advanced routers. It appears your router does not even have basic qos settings.

The stuff you are messing with is not qos it is related to how the dsl transmits data.

Testing for bufferbloat means very little as long as you are not using all your bandwidth. The ISP will buffer data if you exceed your rates. As long as you stay under your rates there is no buffers. Your problem maybe something other than bufferbloat. Way to many gamers seem to scream bufferbloat bufferbloat, seem they think all QoS problems are bufferbloat.

Games use very little bandwidth. Just running the game will never cause bufferbloat. Now if you have other people using the connection then you need some way to limit the usage. Since your router has nothing you use the method that always works, you get a agreement that your game traffic is more important than their usage and they need to stop using the internet. QoS is just a electronic form of that agreement. When there is not enough bandwidth someone is not going to get what they want so you need the agreement even if you use QoS to enforce it. QoS is not some magic that solves the problem of not enough bandwidth it just decides who is going to be happy and who is not.

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
The qos that fixes bufferbloat is only available on some more advanced routers. It appears your router does not even have basic qos settings.

The stuff you are messing with is not qos it is related to how the dsl transmits data.

Testing for bufferbloat means very little as long as you are not using all your bandwidth. The ISP will buffer data if you exceed your rates. As long as you stay under your rates there is no buffers. Your problem maybe something other than bufferbloat. Way to many gamers seem to scream bufferbloat bufferbloat, seem they think all QoS problems are bufferbloat.

Games use very little bandwidth. Just running the game will never cause bufferbloat. Now if you have other people using the connection then you need some way to limit the usage. Since your router has nothing you use the method that always works, you get a agreement that your game traffic is more important than their usage and they need to stop using the internet. QoS is just a electronic form of that agreement. When there is not enough bandwidth someone is not going to get what they want so you need the agreement even if you use QoS to enforce it. QoS is not some magic that solves the problem of not enough bandwidth it just decides who is going to be happy and who is not.

i don't have anyone using internet with me, Router is on the desk wired to PC with 1 meter RJ45.
i tested My internet with http://dslreports.com and the buffer is over 300ms.

i have Desync in all games i play with low 60-70 latency, WoW, CSGO, Ring of Elysium, PUBG. all enemy models in all games are not synchronized from what i see on screen and on the server. i literally don't register my shots with 0% loss / 0%choke and 65Ping. my internet like i said is 10 - 10.5Mb stable. SCREEN

what else can it be !!! am having a terrible gaming experience

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
You seem like you're tinkering with your ISP's modem and not dealing with the router stemming off the modem/ISP's ADSL connection. I'd ask you to be careful since your ISP might later not be able to undo the mistakes you've made.
i didn't mess with anything yet, and if i do, i just need to reset and everything will change back to default

Your problem has to be something different than bufferbloat. If you are only playing the game and not running any file transfers etc then the connection is not overloaded. A connection that is not overloaded does not need to have data buffered.

This is why I said you have to be very careful about blaming the wrong thing.

So I will assume you are running on ethernet and not wifi.

open a couple of cmd windows and leave a constant ping run to both your router IP and to 8.8.8.8. You want to do this both with nothing running and again when the game is running. When you see issues in the game tab out and see if these windows show packet delays or loss.

You should never see problems to your router. If you see issues to the 8.8.8.8 ip it generally means there is a problem with the connection. You can do things like run tracert and ping the Isp router which is hop 2 in a trace. You should be able to ask the ISP the cause of issues on this.

If you see no issues with either connection when the game says there is a problem you need to start to suspect issues with the game in some way.

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
i just tried it, Ping to my Router is <1ms and to 8.8.8.8 is 29 to 31ms
played for 15 mins and noticed some Desync like always, Alt.Tab and Ping is stable in both

can the hardware cause this fukin Desync ??

It means that your network is likely ok. It could be a difference in the path to the 8.8.8.8 server and the game servers. You could try to ping the game servers but you need to hope you do not see anything. Its not likely you are going to get problems fixed say between your ISP and the game company ISP.

These type of problems are the hardest because the game is basically blaming the network for something else that is causing the delays. When the game tells lies it makes it hard to troubleshoot. Many times it is something like a video driver or video setting. The game can get stuck doing video processing and delay picking up data from the network. This is just one example there are many things in games that can affect the performance.

If your motherboard has any of that garbage bundled "gamer" network software make sure to uninstall it. Killer chipset you need to load a different driver to remove it.