QOTD: Which Steve: Ballmer or Jobs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Let’s start with the fact that one of them seems slightly unstable and the other is never around. Ballmer would lose the head roughly eleven times a day and when he yelled at you, he’d probably shout the same thing over and over and over again. You’d never know what he wanted from you, just that he wanted it so badly, he was willing to sweat bullets trying to get you to understand exactly what 'it' was.

Thats great.. And I would have to agree with you and choose Steve Ballmer. Unstable and passionate is better than nothing.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]brando56894[/nom]One of the main reasons why Windows is on about 85% of the computers in the world is because they have forced it on people since the beginning, have you ever seen a commercial for the Mac OS or any apple products before about 5 years ago? Most likely you haven't.[/citation]
WHAT!

Proof that you're wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8

Apple has been advertising in the market before 1983, I don't see how Microsoft could stop them from making advertisements. And that ad is famous, having been parodied on a couple occasions.

[citation][nom]brando56894[/nom]Steve Balmer is just a new face for an evil corporation, it's like having a teddy bear represent a company that kills animals (ok so maybe thats not the greatest example but you catch my drift).[/citation]
Yeah, because taking advantage of ignorant consumers, and making an elaborate marketing campaign that spreads misinformation and outright lies, isn't evil at all.

G

@Dave_69: I seriously doubt Jobs is very good in bed, although his marketing department might be able to persuade you into thinking you liked it. It's a given that Ballmer is not...

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
ballamer because jobs plainly is a cock and i'd have to kill jobs if I called him dad, i'd says job (dad) touched me in funny places and get him arrested.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]lashton[/nom]ballamer because jobs plainly is a **** and i'd have to kill jobs if I called him dad, i'd says job (dad) touched me in funny places and get him arrested.[/citation]
Gonna use the magic M word, huh?
Stan:parents can be pretty cruel sometimes, dude. They get off on it.
Kyle:They're evil! I WISH I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PARENTS!
Cartman:[smoothly] Well, you… could make them… go away for a while.
Kyle:How?!
Cartman:Well, I mean, you… could… call the police and have them take your parents away.
Stan:The police?
Cartman:Yeah, I saw it on TV. All you gotta do is call the police and say that your parents both molestered you.
Kyle:What's that?
Cartman:I don't know, but it works. When I wanted to get rid of my mom's last boyfriend, I just called the police, and said he was molestering me, and I haven't seen him for three months.
Kyle:[awed] Wow! Three months without parents!
Kenny:(Wow, that is awesome!)
Stan:But what do the police do to them?
Kyle:Who cares? My parents deserve whatever they get. They're liars and cheats.
Cartman:You have to make it convincing, though, when you call the police. You have to be like, [slight whine] "my parents molestered me."
Kyle:[straight] "My parents molestered me."
Cartman:No, but you've gotta cry, like this: [starts a fake sob, rubs his eyes] "My parents molestered me." [stops the fake cry] And then they'll say something like, "Was it a good touch or a bad touch?" and you say [rolls his eyes as he thinks] "Ih, it was a good touch" or- no wait, [points] you say it was a bad touch.
Kyle:What's "bad touch"?
Cartman:Something about a swimsuit - I don't remember, but you definitely answer "bad touch."
Kyle:Okay, molestered, bad touch.
Cartman:Yeah, And cry. [Kyle lets out a soft cry] Oh, he's ready.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I can only imagine having an asshole who sues for a dad, so I pick Steve Jobs.
On the other hand, Ballmer is nuts and I love crazy people.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I would rather have a dad who was psychologically stable and could teach me the ways of running a cult. Brainwashed minions are always useful for taking over the world. It also doesn't hurt that I could stand being seen in public with him. Plus, no matter who you are, not only could he convince you that you had friends, and then convince other kids to be your friends, and convince them that he was the coolest dad ever and thus you were the luckiest kid ever. Plus, I drive a Saab, and what's more Apple-y than that: less performance for your money, expensive to fix and own, supremely ergonomic and simply designed (but not simply engineered, and third party support is scarce), and overall overhyped; but just like Apple computers, there's that "X-factor" for some people where the sum is greater than its parts; the whole experience, the whole package just feels inherently better even though it is plainly not. And, just like a Mac, you try it and either you get it or you don't, and most people don't. Not to mention I'm an art/design snob. Ballmer? He's just psychotic, bald, and plain old creepy and would likely build you a cheap, rickety playhouse in the back yard instead of a properly designed and structurally sound one based on proven building techniques.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Steve Jobs: Dirty Sleaze ball that can convince (most) people that black is white in order to sell more stuff. A guy with a serious image issue. Probably bullied at school for having all the nerdy stuff so is now on a mission to make to most nerdy stuff insanely popular.

Steve Ballmer: A man with issues - mainly that Bill Gates is still his boss, even if he (Ballmer) pretends he makes all the big decisions.

Ballmer is the lesser of the 2 evils, so I would say him. Wouldnt be "proud" though.
Bill Gates all the way if he was a choice.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
I take ballmer as a dad, if i were steve sons i would probably have to change my name to jesus and have to be sent outside to die for the future and all the suffering of mac humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.