Quad Core Cortex A15 is ARM's Next Super Chip

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
With more and more being off-loaded to GPGPUs, maybe this will land up being a direct competition with the CPU. Wouldn't take much to have Windows fully running on this.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]"For all we know there could be a mobile crysis game in the future."That's what Crysis has to do with what you said.[/citation]

Except, you didn't say 'Crysis'. He was making a joke at how you misspelled it. Obviously?

I'm not sure why everyone's voting down Dalta Centauri. Since when has dreaming about what future tech could bring become a bad thing?

Just out of curiosity, besides gaming, what is it exactly that cellphones are so sluggish at doing that they're moving to dual and now eventually quad cores? I'm not a cell phone aficionado so I can't say I'm familiar with the issue.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Except, you didn't say 'Crysis'. He was making a joke at how you misspelled it. Obviously?I'm not sure why everyone's voting down Dalta Centauri. Since when has dreaming about what future tech could bring become a bad thing?Just out of curiosity, besides gaming, what is it exactly that cellphones are so sluggish at doing that they're moving to dual and now eventually quad cores? I'm not a cell phone aficionado so I can't say I'm familiar with the issue.[/citation]

At work we have an HTC phone and we get a LOT of emails on it. To delete 100 emails off the thing causes it to almost totally lock up for a minute while its "working" on deleting the mails. So a multicore cpu would help that quite a bit. Also I saw on DailyTech that they might be making an 8 core version of this chip.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
I thought this chip was intended for servers or at least ARM their primary focus for this one was on servers. Any way i would love a machine loaded with 200 of these and still using less then a single xeon CPU!

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Except, you didn't say 'Crysis'. He was making a joke at how you misspelled it. Obviously?I'm not sure why everyone's voting down Dalta Centauri. Since when has dreaming about what future tech could bring become a bad thing?Just out of curiosity, besides gaming, what is it exactly that cellphones are so sluggish at doing that they're moving to dual and now eventually quad cores? I'm not a cell phone aficionado so I can't say I'm familiar with the issue.[/citation]
Because people like to crush dreams, and give negative marks, although they never respond with something as simple as, "I disagree."

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Error correction seems to always be included in CPU design... that seems like a pretty important task, considering it even needs error correction. Why wouldn't they dedicate more co-processors to this task?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]No you wont.[/citation]Why won't he? I know there are some stream gaming companies currently working on the ability for anyone to play anything on any device, through the Internet.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! get rid of that GE mood ad i nearly blew my ears off why play music an the f ing ad cam up and started playing the audio twice as loud as the music was playing WTF

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
[citation][nom]cmartin011[/nom]Hey! get rid of that GE mood ad, i nearly blew my ears off. I was playing music an the annoying ad came up and started playing the audio twice as loud as the music i was playing myself.[/citation]

That's why grownups use Firefox with ad-block+ plugin ;)

We grownups also like to read readable posts on fora and thus i took the liberty of showing you how you could have written your post. Believe me when i say that if you would seriously like to voice your opinion or note your annoyance a text like the one i quoted and edited above will help a lot more then the original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.