Quad Core or Dual Core for Gaming?

LazyLynx

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
Whenever I was fairly new to PC gaming, I had been given a PC that hadn't been used in a while. At the time I had not known that to run games, I needed to install my drivers, and I thought that it was simply missing a processor, so I went online and bought one. I then later realized my mistake, but I still had an extra processor. So my question is, if I want to play games like Fallout 4, CS:GO, Skyrim, and games similar to this, should I go with my original processor or the one I bought?

The one currently installed into my PC is a 2.5ghz quad core Intel Q9300/ Priced around $40

The one I bought is a 2.8ghz dual core Intel E6300/ Priced around $10 <-- Wtf is that accurate?? I got ripped off!

I have heard much controversy over this topic, but never received an answer. If you know, please, feel free to comment down below. This would be much appreciated. :)

Solution
D
You are talking about CPUs that have been obsolete since 2009 here but the quad is better. Neither one is sufficient for new games like Fallout 4 except maybe using the lowest settings though.
D

Deleted member 217926

You are talking about CPUs that have been obsolete since 2009 here but the quad is better. Neither one is sufficient for new games like Fallout 4 except maybe using the lowest settings though.

Solution