quadro m5000 and GTX980 ti in same rig

Rukibuki

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
I have a dell precision T5810 workstation with a GTX 980 ti card and a quadro m5000 GPU card in it, and I have currently two displays connected to the workstation (both to the GTX 980ti).

Is it possible to connect one of the displays to both of the gfx's card? let say I connect my dell U2715H display with a mDP to DP cable to the Quadro card and with a DP to DP cable to the GTX 980 ti card. Can I then just change input on the screen when I want to use the quadro card (for autodesk maya) and when I want to use the GTX 980ti card (Molecular simulations, games etc)?

Or does that depend on the individual programs I want to run?

miggtt699

Distinguished

If you have both desktops running interdependently (not mirroring) you can do that.

At least it worked for me when I wanted to use HD4600 graphics to render using QuickSync tech along with my GTX 680, I had a VGA cable plugged into the motherboard and a DVI to the 680, I went WinKey+P and selected the secondary display (IntelHD) when I went to render or work on video stuff, and went back to the 680 to play games, I don't know if you have to do this within windows for it to work (change inputs using WinKey+P) or it works both ways though, so I'm not sure about that.

EDIT: from my experience, I had to do the switch first and then open the program, or it'd still be working with the GTX 680, so for me it was, change display output (winkey+P) and then when It was on HD4600 graphics, open Sony Vegas and it worked, otherwise it'd keep using the GTX 680.

TRENDING THREADS