Quake Live Beta Opening Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

WTF ? :)))))
The biggest crap that I ever heard.
Why in the world should we play this crap ?
Wouldn't be easier to install the freeking game on PC and play just "oldschool" ? wtf these people are thinking ?

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
I've played it for a bit and boy does it live to its source. They have most of the popular game mods already built in like DM (duel) TDM, CTF, Instagib and I think Rocket Arena. Game performance is very good and I haven't noticed issues. Auto matching works well. You can play in a browser window or full screen. There's access to the console to change some settings. I haven't tried usin my old config spec though. There are a lot of Team Arena maps in the rotation for those that like it.

The game has ads inside the maps and look like big signs or billboards placed in high trafficked areas. I didn't find them distracting at all.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I bet if someone said we would be playing Quake III in a browser back in its prime they would have thought we were crazy. I wonder how far browser gaming will go. It could be very profitable if there are ads when loading new maps and such.

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
[citation][nom]bla bla[/nom]WTF ? ))))The biggest crap that I ever heard.Why in the world should we play this crap ?Wouldn't be easier to install the freeking game on PC and play just "oldschool" ? wtf these people are thinking ?[/citation]
Goddd people don't seem to evolve in way that they improve their intelligence, they just evolve to prove us in many ways how stupid they are.

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I have been playing it. It has been great fun. The reason I don't play "oldschool" is because Quake live runs better and only takes 3 clicks to get into the action.

coolgamer512

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
I got into the beta a little over a week ago, yet I signed for the beta several months, maybe even a year ago. I'm glad to finnaly see that everyone will be able to play Quake Live. It's pretty impressive for a web browser game.

Technologies8

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
the improvements are good
i dont remember signing up...
somehow i must have though

improvements over quake 3 are immediate and are worth noting

i just wish i could tell it to install to my g:\games\ folder instead of directly under my user files
i dont keep files on the system drive for a reason!

it will be great when the servers are packed

abbadaba

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Oh man. I cant wait til this thing goes live so I can wreck droves of newbies expecting a typical flash-tetris-with-explosions game.

raptorxt

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
i am sorry but Quake Live is not Quake 3 Arena.............It is a dumbed down version of quake 3. Definitely not as easy to maneuver, damage seems inconsistent. I feel as if the developers made it easier for less experienced people to pick up the game and play without being annihilated by much much much more experienced players. The same thing happened to crysis when crysis wars came out. CRYSIS > CRYSIS Wars for the same reason QUAKE 3 ARENA > QUAKE LIVE.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Oh yeah, Quake Live... I was a huge fan of Quake 1 and 2, but 3 just never really did it for me. That said, I'll definitely waste (more than) a few hours on this at work.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I signed up for this crap around september of last year, and then they invited me to try it last month. And when i got the message i was pumped up to play it. But when i entered the link from my email it never accepted the code i was given. Now i dont want to play this game. Besides its just a crappy quake 3 arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.