Quake Live Launches as Standalone Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
I'm surprised they went with a dedicated client rather than trying to utilize webgl and webrtc to have the game run as a native web app. I get that they started the port before those technologies matured, though (some might say they still aren't ready for production use).

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013

They'd be better of actually getting Quake 3 Arena as it still runs well on modern pc's, still has active servers and has loads of modding support, Quake life was always a gimped browser version of Quake 3 Arena so I would see no reason to play it.

Personally xonotic is more my arena shooter if people would actually play it but that's just me.

timil

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Why would anyone want to play arena style death match anymore? It's been done to death and it's boring...
Why would anyone want to play military style death match anymore? It's been done to death and it's boring...

ikaruga

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Did you got your ass handed to you that badly? People are playing Quake for more than a decade (perhaps since earlier than your birthday?), it would have been abandoned a long time ago if it would be boring imho.
It"s the mother of all fps games, period. The game mechanics is polished to perfection and skill ceiling is almost limitless. You can try as hard as you can for years, you won't even reach medicore level, it's that good. Nothing comes close to Quake when you want real challenge, (well maybe chess or starcraft does). Go and try to beat a medium tier dueler (let alone top tier players), and you will see.

It's easy and free to say bad things about something you have no idea about (,obviously none whatsoever). Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.