Qualcomm’s ARMv8-Based Snapdragon 810 Developer Smartphone Now Available For $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
NV has a 64bit ArmV8 chip out also. Denver K1. It's already in Nexus 9 and unlike samsung, it's 64bit crap is enabled ;) Unfortunately google muffed up by letting all the reviews be done with beta everything (IE, drivers were being updated during reviews). They should have delayed it 3 weeks and added some spit and polish to get better reviews. I'm looking forward to seeing a review of some other K1 product that isn't reviewed as a beta. :(

I really can't believe they needed to ship it that early, they could've waited for a few weeks as long as they hit before thanksgiving/black friday with reviews what's the difference? Anyway, 810 won't catch NV. It's off the shelf IP, so won't have Qcom's normally excellent battery life or perf and 20nm version of K1 (M1?) will only be a few months after it. Personally I'm waiting for whatever NV has at 20nm now that they have a custom cpu and Maxwell coming soon for socs. That combo should make a nice tablet gamer device ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.