Qualcomm Announces New Quad-Core SoC for TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
maybe i'm not cool but i see no need to have "smart tv's" when everyone has a pc, laptop, or console to access media from. i just want a huge 60"+ "dumb tv"

DeViLzzz2007

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]I love my samsung smart tv. it does everything on the remote. I can access internet by cable or wireless with a press of a button, watch youtube on a big screen, share files on my nas like movies etc as well as record to watch later in somewhere else. all flawless with a press of a button.I understand that some might want just dumb tv's but this new smart thing offers a great potential.[/citation]

Smart tvs serve a purpose but at what price ? I think some would still rather hook up a custom made pc or mini pc to a regular tv to get their internet experience and save money doing so and get the pc type experience they want by building the pc box they want for their tv.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"first TV to run Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. "

We all have seen the funny video where a kid stuffed a sandwich into a VCR.
Now picture it... you come home from work finding your little one onfront of your opened up and gutted 55" smart TV. There are parts everywhere and he is standing there, screw driver in one hand, a hammer in the other with that guilty grin on his face.
You don't know if you should cry or scream or whatever and finally ask little tommy... why did you do that.

And he replies with "I wanted an Ice Cream Sandwich; you said there was one in our new TV" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.