Qualcomm To Fix And Update Snapdragon 810 Chip For Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This isn't all bad news for Samsung, either, as the company can reduce its reliance on third-party chips such as those from Qualcomm, especially now that Apple has switched almost completely to TSMC to fabricate its chips."

I've been reading all over that Samsung WILL, in fact, manufacture the next iDevices chip. If they will also rely upon Exynos chips for their own line-up, it could be one of the better years Samsung had in a while.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
If they will also rely upon Exynos chips for their own line-up, it could be one of the better years Samsung had in a while.
I see it more likely that they may use their own chips for some initial GS6 shipments, but switch over to the modified Snapdragon 810 when it's available to them. The performance of the 810 would still be a bit above Samsung's own offering.

Cami007

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
Well i don't know about that, the 805 which is the currently available pulls ahead of its exynos counter in the graphics department just a little, but in the other departments the exynos has proven faster then qualcomm chip, so I would say they are in equal terms.

The_Icon

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I can't begin to explain how much I loath Exynos. I have it on my S3 and it overheats like crazy and eats battery like there is no tomorrow. Not only that, the source code is not published to the public and hence it is a major wrench in the gears for the Custom ROM makers out there.

Cami007

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
Have you tried swaping your SD card, I had this issue on my note 4, took out the old SD card and put in a new one, problem solved. Same thing happened to my boss on his note 3 (qualcomm chip)

I personally prefer Qualcomm chips due the 4G LtE radios, but the Exynos is not a bad chip at all. I had it on S2, Note 1, S4, S5. Never had a problem with it, except as mentioned above.
Had Qualcomm on Note 2, Note 3, Nexus 5, Moto X (2nd) and One+1.

revanchrist

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Apple's leaning back to Samsung and also GlobalFoundries for its A9 chip production because TSMC's 16nm FINFET is delayed, again. Should everything goes smooth, TSMC will start mass production of 16nm silicon earliest in Q4 15 or Q1 16, which is way too late for Apple's next gen iPhone's chip.

Ken Tammenga

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Looks like Samsung's patience is wearing thin with Qualcomm's lies. If I was LG, I would be rather insulted that Samsung is going to get an "updated" supposedly fixed chip, while I am stuck with the defective chip in my phones.

Ken Tammenga

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Looks like Samsung's patience is wearing thin with Qualcomm's lies. If I was LG, I would be rather insulted that Samsung is going to get an "updated" supposedly fixed chip, while I am stuck with the defective chip in my phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS