[SOLVED] Question about AIO tubing placement

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Hi guys I have a Corsair h150i pro xt rgb aio and I recently watched a video about the placement of the aio tubs and how the tubs should be coming from the bottom when mounted at the front, well I have the iCUE 465x case and there most definitely wont be enough room for the rad tubes to be at the bottom so Ill have to have them at the top, will that be ok for a while until a i get an even better case?

Solution
As long as the pump isn't the highest point of the loop, that's all that really matters.

That said though, concerning front or rear mounted radiators, tubing down is better for noise, due to the gurgling that will eventually occur in tubing up setups over time.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
As long as the pump isn't the highest point of the loop, that's all that really matters.

That said though, concerning front or rear mounted radiators, tubing down is better for noise, due to the gurgling that will eventually occur in tubing up setups over time.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Hi guys I have a Corsair h150i pro xt rgb aio and I recently watched a video about the placement of the aio tubs and how the tubs should be coming from the bottom when mounted at the front, well I have the iCUE 465x case and there most definitely wont be enough room for the rad tubes to be at the bottom so Ill have to have them at the top, will that be ok for a while until a i get an even better case?

Having the rad at the top is perfectly fine. As the radiator loses fluid, it will slowly lower. But the tubes will always be at the bottom of the radiator. So they will be the last to lose fluid. (Think of it like holes at the bottom of the fish tank with the water slowly evaporating. You can still pump water in and out without catching air.

Last edited:
So for example, this tubing placement below is ok?https://images.app.goo.gl/w3mDsvjiiKnSJCd3A

This will work but it not ideal tube placement. As the tubes are near the top of the radiator where air collects, that means air could collect inside the tubes. That will lead to air being sucked into the pump. It's better than the pump being the highest point, but not by much.

Looking at the picture, there's more than enough tubing and placement flexibility to invert the tubes towards the bottom of the radiator.

Reactions: R99 .

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
This will work but it not ideal tube placement. As the tubes are near the top of the radiator where air collects, that means air could collect inside the tubes. That will lead to air being sucked into the pump. It's better than the pump being the highest point, but not by much.

Looking at the picture, there's more than enough tubing and placement flexibility to invert the tubes towards the bottom of the radiator.
Hey man! sorry for the long reply I only just seen your replies now, I'd like to say thank you for the tips and the detailed response 😊 I just finished my build today and when the aio was installed I pushed the tubes as low as they'd go and it seems to be doing ok! I had no idea that after a while the tubes will move on their own, idk if thats good or bad but it sounds like a good thing?... I'd love to have placed my rad at the bottom but sadly my case has no room for the tubes :( this is my first aio and its a Corsair h150i pro xt rgb so if you got any more tips I'd be incredibly grateful 😁