raisen123

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
So i recently upgraded my pc and i got a Ryzen 5 2600 and an Asrock b450M Pro4 mobo. I'm using the cpu with the stock cooler. I read online that u can even overclock the cpu with stock cooler and it won't be that hot. I downloaded ryzen master and overclocked it to 4 GHz and only changed voltage to 1.35 . I didn't touch anything in my BIOS as its my first time overclocking and i didnt want to screw something. I didn't like the temps so i wanted to remove the overclock and go on with the stock settings. I clicked revert to default on ryzen master and i'm pretty sure now my cpu is in stock voltage and default speeds 3.4GHz with 3.9GHz Boost as it was before the Overclock.
So yesterday i read that ryzen 2nd gen processors should have XFR 2 and Precision Boost / Precision Boost Overdrive. And i also read that as soon as u overclock they get disabled. And i wanna know if my cpu Ryzen 5 2600 has any of these, and if they are disabled because i once overclocked through ryzen master, can i enable them and from where? :(

So i recently upgraded my pc and i got a Ryzen 5 2600 and an Asrock b450M Pro4 mobo. I'm using the cpu with the stock cooler. I read online that u can even overclock the cpu with stock cooler and it won't be that hot. I downloaded ryzen master and overclocked it to 4 GHz and only changed voltage to 1.35 . I didn't touch anything in my BIOS as its my first time overclocking and i didnt want to screw something. I didn't like the temps so i wanted to remove the overclock and go on with the stock settings. I clicked revert to default on ryzen master and i'm pretty sure now my cpu is in stock voltage and default speeds 3.4GHz with 3.9GHz Boost as it was before the Overclock.
So yesterday i read that ryzen 2nd gen processors should have XFR 2 and Precision Boost / Precision Boost Overdrive. And i also read that as soon as u overclock they get disabled. And i wanna know if my cpu Ryzen 5 2600 has any of these, and if they are disabled because i once overclocked through ryzen master, can i enable them and from where? :(
Yes, 2600x has it but your BIOS has to be able to enable it. Make sure you have latest BIOS version compatible with 2600.

raisen123

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I have my BIOS updated to the version which supports 3rd gen ryzen so i guess i should have xfr and precision boost, right? Can you tell me how i can enable them through the BIOS

Last edited: